Please enquire via the ENQUIRY button.
Please enquire via the ENQUIRY button.
When it comes to chic weekend or holiday getaways it goes without saying that most of us would prefer a space that feels like a home away from home. Well, this clean-lined and considered Yzerfontein house could well be a boutique hotel-away-from-home – such are the thoughtful and quality comforts. From Le Creuset cookware in the kitchen to Charlotte Rhys amenities in your bathroom and 800-thread count linen in the master bedroom (600 in the others), you’ll find a plethora of considered details that really do make a lovely difference. The owners live in Paarl and wanted to recreate some of their favourite elements of their primary home at this family-friendly West Coast getaway – you’ll love the multiple chill areas where you can escape to drink in the magnificent sea views or just read a book and if you’re travelling with family and friends, you’ll appreciate that the entertainment areas are both spacious and comfortable.
The West Coast is well loved for its unspoilt sea vistas and pristine fynbos surrounds and this modern home embraces both. A little wooden gate on the ground floor leads you down a path to the beach but you could just as easily wander onto the reserve at the end of the cul de sac and inhale the aromas of Cape fynbos as you wander the paths. Its clear the owners are houseproud (they recently painted inside and out) – they’ve filled their home with stylish finds from Weylandts and a palette of textured, muted fabrics and the result is absolutely easy-on-the-eye and utterly inviting. That said, it’s not a showpiece, the home is designed to be lived in and enjoyed and thanks to its size it comfortably accommodates two families – perfect if you love going away with family, or friends who are family.
WHAT WE LOVE
• That there is a heated pool – perfect for those summer months when the sea is still icy
• The views out across the Atlantic ocean to Dassen Island, sightings of whales and bracing walks on the beach
• The wood burning oven which makes this home a cosy bolthole in winter
• The braai area which can be enclosed if the wind is blowing – making fireside entertaining a must do
• That you can buy fresh fish from nearby Dassen Fisheries to cook on the braai
• That the owners even leave a bottle of wine for you to enjoy and are happy for you to help yourself to essentials from their pantry
• While there’s no doubt this is a super stylish space, it’s kid friendly too
• There is Wifi available in the house
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• Surfers and swimmers (in wetsuits) should rather pop to the ‘old’ part of Yzerfontein, the beach here is better suited to lovely walks
• There are air conditioning units both upstairs and downstairs
• The swimming pool is not fenced off but it does have a cover for safety when it is not in use
Reviewed by: Vicki Sleet
Based on 2 reviews
Guest reviews are written by our customers after their stay at At Olive Beach House.
We have used Perfect Hideaways on previous occasions because that is exactly the kind of properties you promote “a Perfect Hideaway”. We had a super time, lots of time to relax and rejuvenate. Olive Beach House is spectacular, I must admit that the new renovations added a whole new dimension to the house compared to the original pics we saw!. The house was comfortable, beautifully decorated and well equipped. This is what we wanted for very little and everything worked. We loved the fact that the beautiful beach was a short walk through the fynbos and over the dune. Our party had some runners so they enjoyed the various routes through Yzerfontein. The house had nooks and crannies for all to escape to, maybe have a nap or just take time out to read a book. A huge thank you to the owners for trusting us with their home and also to Perfect Hideaways who never gave up trying to assist us in finding a spot!!!
We all loved our stay at Olive Beach House. Very relaxing weekend. The house is beautifully decorated and very comfortable. It is very well equipped and can’t think of anything more that we would have needed.