Please enquire via the ENQUIRY button.
Please enquire via the ENQUIRY button.
Leopards sneaking through camp, white lions, wild dogs, hectares of wild bush and awesome sunsets are part of the legend in glorious Motswari Private Game Reserve, which clearly deserves its name, a Tswana word meaning ‘to conserve and protect’. Motswari, open to the Timbavati and Kruger National Park, stretches out over an unspoilt 150 square kilometres of bushveld. For over four decades it has been owned by Marion Geiger-Orengo and her family, and this beautiful little vintage bush camp is clearly where their hearts reside.
Nestled within the northern portion of the Timbavati Private Nature Reserve, Motswari has game-viewing traversing rights through close on 15 000 hectares in the Timbavati. Unfenced boundaries between the Kruger National Park and all Motswari’s neighbouring private reserves mean that Africa’s Big Five roam freely throughout this beautiful wilderness area. In fact, it is the very real chance of sharing your immediate space with passing game that is one of Geiger’s Camp’s many charms.
Another real attraction is the tangible history of the vintage stone-and-thatch farmhouse. Fascinating photographs showing the Geiger family’s pioneering days here, and Marion’s own artworks bring the family-owned and -run lodge to life.
With just four lavish suites, this home really does feel like your very own. Lovingly chosen antiques, Victorian cupboards, chairs and sofas upholstered in quaint stripes and botanical florals in soft earthy greens and muddy browns reminiscent of the era of 1940s explorers create an inviting and thoroughly relaxing ambience.
The divine bedroom suites are the epitome of safari romance, with big four-poster beds, crisp white linens and mosquito nets. The ball-and-claw baths with brass fittings channel a romantic colonial era, while the lovely outdoor showers are a subtly contemporary luxury. The bookshelves are packed with big tomes, including all the bird books, mammal guides and introductions to the bush you could wish for. The magnificent indoor/outdoor verandah has incredible uninterrupted views of the surrounding bush – keep your eye out from here and from the swimming pool for free-roaming wild creatures both large and small as they stroll past your front door.
Your very own wildlife ranger, game-viewing Land Rover and cook ensure you have a luxuriously lazy stay – you can walk, drive or float in the pool to see the game. Incredible views of the Nhlaralumi River and miles and miles of green and brown bushveld will inspire your adventurous spirit. We especially love the timeless romance as each day draws to a close: the African insect chorus kicks in, the skies are strewn with stars, dinner is lit by paraffin lamps and nights spent chatting around the fire in the boma until late all add meaningful memories to your own family’s legends.
What we love!
• The authenticity, charm and history of this family-owned vintage bush camp.
• Game passes right in front of the camp, so it is really worth planning your visit to include at least one day where you can relax at home and enjoy watching browsing wildlife from the comfort of the swimming pool.
• The versatility of being able to book the entire bush camp for an exclusive-use visit, or you can book the four suites individually.
• The open-air sleep-out under a retractable canvas roof and dinner on a treehouse platform overlooking Xanatsi Dam is a sought-after and romantic experience (but this must be booked in advance).
What you need to know…
• You have your own dedicated game ranger and safari game-viewing vehicle for early-morning and evening game drives.
• You can request to eat out at Motswari’s Main Camp if you’d like a change of scene, although in our experience the food is even better at Geiger’s Camp.
• Special guided safari walks are a wonderful opportunity to get an intimate perspective of the area’s small fauna and flora.
Friendly for children age 12 and over.
All prices are per night/per property. Please confirm availability / actual rates, and enquire for DISCOUNTS & SPECIAL OFFERS.
The 50% rental deposit and the 50% balance of payment due 30 days prior to arrival are non-refundable. However, in the event of a cancellation management may consider refunds where those days can be rebooked after deducting any costs incurred with respect to the re-booking and preparation of the residence.