Once a private home, RockFig Safari Lodge offers five-star luxury for those who love to spend as much time enjoying a lodge as they do on game drives. With only six chalet-type suites, this is the perfect private safari option to book for multigenerational holidays with your nearest and dearest – or you can slip away for a romantic weekend or bush honeymoon. Each of the six suites has a soothing colour palette with accents of colour and textured layering, creating a restful cocoon for those who come to the bush to restore their frazzled souls after a busy work year. Believe me, RockFig’s team will make sure you emerge rested and energized for the season ahead!
What we love!
• The interactive dining areas, both inside and out where you can watch RockFig’s chef in action. Children can also make their own pizza with chef or watch as their meals are prepared
• Luxurious modern bathrooms with every detail taken care of – you’ll love the seamless flow to the bush outdoors
• That you could host an exclusive-use retreat here or simply enjoy your own sunrise yoga sessions in the outdoor sala areas
• Dinners can be as private or social as you like – the team love setting up a romantic dinner, whether its overlooking the waterhole or in your suite
• You can do a walking safari here with an experienced guide and explore the Timbavati on foot (minimum age 14) – just the perfect way for your older children to experience the wild up close and personal!
What you need to know…
• Suites may accommodate three guests: two adults and one child or one adult and two or three children.
• in 2019, a conservation levy of R368 per adult per day is charged at all Timbavati lodges. Under 12s are R184 and the self-drive entrance fee is R160 per vehicle.
• in 2020, the conservation levy is R400 per adult per day is charged at all Timbavati lodges. Under 12s are R200 and the self-drive entrance fee is R160 per vehicle.
Reviewed by Michelle Snaddon
• 6 x suites
Bathrooms with bath, indoor & outdoor shower
All linen & towels provided
• Private dining
• Mini bar
• Mosquito nets
• Bush dining, including breakfasts, picnics & dinners
• Pool (no net)
• Outside shower
• No animals permitted
• No smoking
• Child friendly
• Max 12 adults
• Max 16 guests
• Check-in: 13:00
• Check-out: 10:00