Known for pushing design boundaries, Singita’s glamorous refashioning of Sweni is alive with vibrant colour and bold patterning, taking the Kruger Park safari experience up a notch for safari lovers.
Once again, the talented Cécile & Boyd design team has surprised everyone with a fresh new look with a swirl of colours – peacock blues, teals, emeralds and pops of citron, yellow and pale pink – contrasting with neutral tones of gold, bronze and polished mud. Floor-to-ceiling glass walls throughout the lodge now embrace its jungle-like setting, while a new fire pit, outdoor dining deck, marble bar and lounge create interactive dining zones that are perfect for Chef Liam Tomlin’s deliciously light menus – and we love that you can help yourself to deli-style portions any time during the day!
Sweni’s new Pool Suite is a showstopper: secluded and glamorous, it has its own private swimming pool and shaded river-front deck, which can be connected to the adjacent suite to create a generous two-bedroom suite for those who want absolute privacy. We’d be hard pressed to leave for game drives, walking safaris or mountain biking – who wouldn’t want to be chilling on this deck while watching the elephants come down to drink and listening to the contented grunts of hippo?
What we love!
- Singita’s bush dinners are gobsmackingly beautiful. Arriving at dusk, guests are welcomed into a lantern-lit wonderland under the stars.
- The superb wine list and beautifully presented tapas-style lunch menus.
- The abundant wildlife that passes by along the Sweni riverbank.
Need to know…
- Guests can fly in – the ultimate treat.
- All suites have outdoor showers overlooking the river.
- Outdoor day beds allow you to spend a night under the stars – do try this. You won’t regret it!
Review: Michelle Snaddon