For the team at Perfect Hideaways one of the many things to bring us happiness is a fabulous farm. Situated beneath the Hawequa Mountains near Wellington, Boplaas Farm’s Manor House dates from 1890. It was here that we found so many of the things we love… a beautifully layered and detailed interior, classic pieces of antique furniture, slubby linen slipcovers in muted tones. In the kitchen are hand painted wall tiles by Michael Chandler and a Lacanche stove. In the bedrooms fabrics from Whiteman & Mellor. It’s pretty much a perfect ten!
At BoPlaas one wakens to the sound of the handsome rooster crowing and welcoming in the day. The chickens are out roaming the gardens and laying free range eggs amongst the flower beds.
Barefoot with coffee in hand take a stroll onto the generous veranda and watch the day start. the mist rising over the distant mountains and sunlight spreading across the valley.
Send the children out with baskets to collect eggs for breakfast. Pick organic vegetables from the expansive walled veggie garden. Spend your days lounging by the pool or under the shade of a large tree with a latest best seller.
This is the kind of place where you feel the knots unfurl and find a new perspective on life. A place for the family to reconnect and spend evenings playing board games together. It’s what farm life is all about… and while we may not be cut out to enjoy it 365 days a year, for a precious respite from busy lives it is the perfect tonic!.
What we love!
- The simplicity of farm life (yet with all the comforts!).
- The free-range roaming chickens… and delicious eggs.
- The shady verandah, encouraging those long, lazy lunches that holidays were made for.
- Nestled in the winelands there are some super spots to explore nearby.
What you need to know…
- There is WiFi, however the signal is strong only in the dining room.
- There are dirt roads to access the farm – any car will make it, just be prepared for a bumpy ride.
- Those with little people need to be vigilant – the pool does have a net, however there is an open dam (not very close to the house).
- There are two lovely farm dogs who stay at the manager’s house.
- There are extra cottages available, however if the whole group wishes to congregate at the main house we recommend only taking two cottages, sleeping a maximum of 12 guests.