This gorgeous cottage was love at first sight for me with its beautiful, luxurious décor. Once again Salome Gunter works her magic and turned an average summer cottage into a perfect hideaway. The previous owner was an artist, and many of his pieces grace the walls. Boulders Cottage has sea views all the way across False bay to Hangklip. Only the locals and the penguins know of this idyllic beach that is only 100m down the path. The colourful indigenous garden, courtyard and deck ensures privacy. Only half an hour from the centre of Cape Town for all your restaurants, harbour and wine estates. Fifteen minutes from the famous Cape Point reserve for wonderful hikes, bicycling, surfing and views. You can also walk to the vibrant naval town of Simonstown with its quaint restaurants and shops.
What we love!
- Those views…you will never want to leave those views!
- Being able to pop down to the beach without ever getting in the car.
- Finding penguins in the garden…in Africa…surreal and wonderful for kids both big and small!
What you need to know…
- Simon’s Town is under 50km (about 50 minutes) from Cape Town’s city centre.
- If you want to see even more penguins the African penguin colony at Boulder’s Beach is a 10-minute stroll away.
- There are loads of great restaurants, antiques shops and boutique stores to keep you entertained in Kalk Bay, a vibey little seaside town just 15 minutes drive away.
- Parents with small children please be vigilent around both the water features and, at the bottom of the garden, a drop of around 1.2m onto the grassy slope below.