Blue Lagoon beach house is situated in the seaside town of Langebaan, right on the lagoon. Langebaan is an hour’s drive from Cape Town, and Blue Lagoon is situated right on the water’s edge. Looking out over the azure waters of the idyllic Langebaan lagoon and beyond, this West Coast beach house makes for the simply perfect beach hideaway.
In addition to being a marine reserve, the lagoon offers plenty of opportunities for kite surfing, windsurfing, stand-up paddle boarding, sailing and kayaking. There are superb mountain-bike trails available in the West Coast National Park, as well as wonderful bird and game viewing.
Natural stone walls run throughout the house and complement the poplar beams and oak treads. The interior features timeless pieces by local artists and craftsmen, including Meyer Von Wielligh and John Vogel of Vogel Design.
This gorgeous Langebaan beach house is a feast for the eyes and makes for a comfy, tranquil retreat. Enjoy lazy days on the covered veranda with a fire roaring or make a BBQ to enjoy at the large dining table.
What we love!
- The luxury of having the beach as your garden!
- The contemporary-beach chic interiors that are just so relaxing and comfy.
- Dipping into the solar-heated swimming pool when the beach is just a tad too breezy.
What you need to know…
- The Langebaan Spar is really well stocked, so you can pick up all your groceries here.
- If the holiday mood makes you too lazy to cook there is a restaurant right next door!
- Book ahead if you want to secure a table at Die Strandloper restaurant, which is right on the beach – a seafood meal here is an utterly memorable experience that stretches over 3 to 4 hours.
- Langebaan is a brilliant place for learning to kite surf.